March 18, 2021Tami McNemee
Dear Friends in Christ,
In-person worship services at Trinity resume this week at 9:30 a.m. — 53 Sundays after the last worship service was held in our beautiful sanctuary on March 15, 2020.
So much has happened since we last gathered in the sanctuary. The Trinity sanctuary is full of history and memories since 1910! Memories of baptisms, weddings, and funerals. In 2020, however, so much has not happened within the walls and windows of Trinity. Those who lost loved ones were not able to receive the care and comfort this sanctuary and community brings during a time of loss. There has been the loss of hands not held, hugs not shared. The walls and windows have not heard the laughter of a child’s giggle and a baby’s cry. So this Sunday, we will gather in person and on-line at 9:30 a.m. or listen on KLWN at 11 a.m. to laugh and pray.
Initially, however, worship, will be modified for a period of time:
- You are expected to use Sign Up Genius (www.tlclawrence.org). You may register for anyone you are bringing.
- In the spirit of loving our neighbor, masks will be required and seating will be socially distanced except for families.
- Initially we will not sing, but listen to several choir members in the loft.
- Individual communion elements will be available for you to take with you to the pews where there will be bulletins.
- Offering plates will not be passed, but will be available in the back.
- When coming and going please be mindful of being socially distanced.
As we open, it is vital we expand our invitation and welcome! To that end, for those who do not need their stimulus checks, if Trinity mailed a professionally designed “Christmas at Trinity” or “Easter at Trinity” with a Kevin Boatright photo to 10,000 households in Lawrence, the total cost including the card, postage labeling and actually shipping the mailing to the local post office is $2500. Or, the cost of mailing an invitation to every new mover in Lawrence over a one-year period is $4200. If you would like to make a special “over and above – 2nd mile” gift,” contact me or mark in the memo line of your check, “outreach.” The process takes six weeks from the design to the mailing.
Our worship schedule is on the back. As we move forward, let’s all be safe and remember to love and care for our neighbor, be that neighbor six feet from us or six-thousand miles away!
Jeffery Alvestad, Pastor